Thursday, November 17, 2016

THE BEST FOOD PLACES IN CENTRAL HONG KONG


2 years after telling myself that I wanted to create my own blog, I finally made it happen. Despite the level of stress that medical school has put me on, I managed to find time to finally go back to my first love, which is writing (yes, I said "finally" twice because I have been constantly telling myself I would write again, but never made it happen). I bought my own domain, and moved away from Tumblr.




Anyway, November has been very welcoming at this time of the year and although it calls for sweaters, layering and tons of Christmas lights since December is fast approaching, it might be a good reason to look a few months back when the sun was at its highest temperature.

CENTRAL HONG KONG:



Where do I even begin? This was probably the most spontaneous trip I have ever had in my life. I booked a flight just 4 days before actually flying to Hong Kong. Ara and Yvana (whom I met while I was still a part of AIESEC) invited my boyfriend to this trip and since I was free, I tagged along with them. But this was by far, one of the best trips that consisted of food hopping and exploring hidden locations away from the city. It's a Hong Kong experience that is often overlooked.

Before flying, I made a list of all the food I wanted to try (with suggestions from Ara who lived in Hong Kong at that time), and we visited them one by one.

1. ODDIES FOODIES



WHERE TO FIND: 45 GOUGH STREET, CENTRAL HONG KONG

2. THE COFFEE ACADEMICS




WHERE TO FIND: BIGFOOT CENTRE, G/F, ZING 38 YIU WA STREET, CAUSEWAY BAY

3. VIA TOKYO (They serve the best matcha in town)


WHERE TO FIND: G/F, LEI SHUN COURT, 106-126 LEIGHTON ROAD

4. AGNES B
I had no intention of actually visiting Agnes B, but since I found the interiors too cute, I couldn't resist. Take note, this restaurant is a bit pricey.


Eggs Benedict and a quarter pound burger for 4 people (this is what happens when you want to try everything all in one day)


WHERE TO FIND: LE PAIN GRILLE SHOP 1, G/F, 111 LEIGHTON ROAD, CAUSEWAY BAY

5. TSUI WAH AT THE PEAK
This is a good choice if you want to eat good Chinese food while at The Peak 


6. STICKHOUSE
Again, this wasn't on the list but I couldn't resist a bite after looking at how cute these popsicles were, and honestly, they were delicious!



WHERE TO FIND: SHOP B10 F3, LB1, TIMES SQUARE, MATHESON ST, CAUSEWAY BAY

Aside from food hopping (we weren't able to finish up our list, but if you have visited these places, feel free to comment below so we could visit when we come back):
- B2
- Noc Coffee & Roaster
- NOSH
- Oldish
- Mana Cafe
- Aberdeen Street Social

We also visited some of a few locations in and outside the city

1. SAI WAN SWIMMING SHED
This was actually far from the city. You can take a train to Kennedy Town and take a bus from the station. It was around 45 minutes from Central Hong Kong. Nothing much, but it is a great location if you want to take pictures. I read that it's better to visit this area during the ber months, so I guess now would be a great time. 





2. VICTORIA PEAK
A trip to Hong Kong would not be complete without a visit to the Peak. The line was actually very long for the tram so we took a taxi instead. It would be cheaper if you take a taxi as long as you go in groups. 


3. CENTRAL HONG KONG
If you just want to chill and go shopping (or take pictures - lots of them), I'd say head to Central Hong Kong. 



I love the Pantone colors of the buildings








On our last day, we went out for a Hong Kong JUNKBOAT PARTY. I actually met a lot of people on that yacht party! For those who plan to do a Junkboat party, it would be easier if you had friends from Hong Kong who could arrange it for you, but if you don't, it would be cheaper if you go as a big group (we were 60 on that boat). It was a first for me, but I would definitely do it again when I get back to Hong Kong!

HONG KONG JUNKBOAT PARTY







Oh, and this is my boyfriend, JM


If you want to know more about what to do and how much I spent for this trip, feel free to leave a comment below.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! I didn't realize I already reached your very first blog post. More travel blogs to come xx


    https://acesofwanders.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete